Monday, December 24, 2012

Mini December Haul

Mini haul of beauty products in the last couple of weeks:

Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Protective Cream
I've been using the Aveeno moisturizer for about 7 years and wanted to try something different. I have sensitive skin and was hesitant to try another moisturizer. I went out on a whim and decided to purchase the Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Protective Cream. Let me tell you that I am so glad I did! It's light, absorbs quickly, keeps my skin hydrated all day without making it look greasy! I've only been using this cream for two weeks along with my Shiseido Brightening Cleansing Foam and noticed that my face has a more even skin tone.

Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Cleansing Foam
I've been using Mario Badescu's facial cleanser for 6 years. It did its job by helping preventing breakouts, but I don't think it cleanses as thoroughly as it claims. I did a test one day to see how well it cleansed and it failed miserably. First, I washed my face with Mario Badescu's facial cleanser, dried my face, and used a makeup wipe to see how much makeup was still left on my face. Lo and behold, the wipe had picked up the leftover makeup. I did the same test with the Shiseido brightening cleansing foam and it left no remnants of makeup at all. I think I found the ONE! Whoop Whoop!

Caudalie Exfoliator
 Since I was on a facial cleanser kick, I wanted to try a different exfoliator. I decided to try Caudalie's deep cleansing exfoliator because it does NOT contain: parabens; sulfates; synthetic dyes; petrochemicals; phthalates; GMOs; and triclosan. It does its job by smoothing out the texture of my skin, but it's a little too rough on my skin. I think I'll stick to my Mario Basdescu exfolitaor.

Chanel "La Fascinante"
 Like my sister, I love wearing red lipstick. I wanted to try Chanel's Rouge Allure Velvet line in "La Fascinante" It's a red lipstick with a matte finish.It's not as matte as I like my lipsticks to be because it still has a little shine to it after it sets. Not my favorite red lipstick, but it's a nice shade I would like to have in my collection of reds.
  
Nars "Dragon Girl"
 I'm in love with Nars' lip crayons. I like the color "Cruella" but wanted a shade brighter so I decided to purchase "Dragon Girl." It's a brighter shade of red than "Cruella" is. This shade is a little brighter than I like so I apply MAC's lipliner in Brick all over my lips to darken the color a little. I actually like this lip crayon insread of my usual MAC "Ruby Woo" lipstick because it lasts longer and doesn't make my lips feather.

Lime Crime "Red Velvet"
 Last but not least is Lime Crime's Velvetines in "Red Velvet." This is a liquid lipstick that dries to a matte finish. I was reluctant to purchase this at first because I didn't like the idea of liquid lipsticks. After seeing that this item was always sold out, I wanted to see what all the hype was about. I am soooo glad I did because hands down, this is the "SHIZ!" The staying power is freakin' amazing! I ate and drink with this on and I didn't even had to touch up my lips. Not only does it have great staying power, it dries to the perfect shade of red for me. I want to stock up on this because it always seems to be sold out and I know why!
  
 
 Swatch of shades of red from all lip items featured in today's blog
 
From left to right: Lime Crime "Red Velvet;" Chanel "La Fascinante;" and Nars "Dragon Girl." They're all beautiful shades of red :)
 
xoxo,
Char

No comments:

Post a Comment